Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Fetch!

Well, its officially spring break (or Easter Break for Belizeans) which means that I have two weeks of freedom!  Actually, it means that I have time for a vacation, laundry, and to update you all on the things happening here in Belize. 

Trafford and I seem to have a rhythym going in our day to day life.  He prefers to stay outside and relax in the shanty I built for him (he doesnt seem to notice its not as high class as the neighbor dogs' accommodations thank goodness). Its up at 6, play, eat, sleep and repeat all throughout the day.  Come evening, he likes to cuddle up on the couch with his head on my lap.  When he fails to get his quota of attention from me, then its whining until he realizes its not going to get him anywhere.

But, by far, my favorite activity to do with Trafford is playing fetch.  He's gotten quite good at retreiving anything that I send flying through the air.  In fact, its almost nerve wracking watching him dart through the house so quickly.  Now that the weather is warm and breezy, we take this activity outside.  I didnt realize how much of an obsession he had with fetch until I was cooking dinner one night in my house.  I looked out the back window to see what Trafford could possibly have gotten himself into, only to discover that he had taken fetch to a whole new level. 

See for yourself:


Yep, thats right...he's playing fetch with an entire branch of the coconut tree thats in my back yard. Apparently sticks are just not enough anymore...he preferst things three times his actual size... and he's thoroughly enjoying himself too...this is why I dont buy outdoor toys: nothing compares to coconut products!!  AH....i love my dog.

No comments:

Post a Comment